Monday, December 22, 2008

No camera, no fun...

My camera is on the fritz, and finally died. Half the fun of blogging is posting pictures, and that is why I have not posted in a while. Thanks to my mom for letting me borrow her spare camera until we could get a replacement. And thanks so much to Jim for giving me this...

an early Christmas present


To backtrack a little, Halloween was so much fun! Riley was the cutest firefighter ever and Nicholas was a little stinker! Riley enjoyed trick or treating at Grandma and Grandpa Simpson's house, but had even more fun answering the door and handing out candy when someone came to it.





Riley had his 3rd birthday party at Pump it Up. It has two big rooms filled with different inflatable bounce houses, slides, and obstical courses. As much as I wanted Riley to have a Thomas cake (or any cake a little less annoying), Riley insisted on a Spongebob Squarepants cake and my mom, ever ready to please her grandson was willing to oblige.

And as we always do, we took him to Disneyland for his birthday as well. This time Riley's friends, Brayden and Owen, and their parents accompanied us. Unfortunately, not too many pictures this time to document the occasion (for reasons already stated), but here's a few that my sister Stephanie took with her camera. If you ask Riley, he'll say he had fun, but on most of the rides he looked like this...


I know, maybe it's a scary ride...


then again...







Nicholas has been standing for about a month and he is so fun to watch. When he gets up, he acts like he doesn't know what to do now that he's up, so he sits back down again, only to get back up and not know what to do now that he's standing. It's a vicious cycle that has me laughing all day.
Riley seems to be scared of the dark now, even though we have always had a night light in his room. It started about a month ago. We would get up in the morning, and we'd find him in Nicholas' room asleep on the floor. We started asking him if he wanted to sleep in his room or in Nicholas' room and he would say Nicholas', and then start talking about scary monsters. He slept in Nicholas' room on the floor for about a week, when I decided to put his bed in the room with Nicholas. So, now they are in the same room and loving it. I thought I'd take issue if they woke each other up, but since they both sleep through the night, we haven't had any problems. It didn't take me too long to decide what to do with a mostly empty bedroom. I'm so excited to have a designated craft area again!

1 comment:

Heidi Davies said...

I can't believe the picture of Riley in his costume. He looks soooo much older.