Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Big News!

We can't believe how quickly the holiday's passed us by. This year, Jim had to work Christmas, but fortunately for us, Riley didn't seem to mind waiting until the 26th to open his gifts from us.

We have made a lot of progress on the baby's room. It's painted, Jim moved the crib and the dresser in. We got Riley a new dresser that matches his new bed. Jim doesn't like it when I'm in the room and he is putting something together. It frustrates him. So, I had a really hard time believing him when he said that Riley wasn't a bother when he was putting together Riley's dresser.


Jim got a job offer from the L.A. County Fire Dept. His medical is on February 1st. That's the last step before the academy. We are very excited.

I have been put back on disability until the baby is born. I thought I'd be bored out of my mind, but Riley sees to it that I'm not. I've really enjoyed the time off, visiting family members and getting a nap in nearly every day.

Riley's new trick is counting. However, he doesn't start at one. He counts from 6 to 9. We've tried getting a video of it, and some other things, but as soon as we get out the video camera, he's not interested in anything but the camera.

No comments: